Saturday, July 10, 2010

01/07/2010 Biking around Taupo

01/07/2010 Biking around Taupo

Rented bike and went to the craters of the moon and Huka falls. The falls weren’t all that impressive, there was a heck of a lot of water moving through a narrow gorge and then falling down 8m, but it really didn’t look like that much. The craters of the moon were a bit more interesting because of the steam flowing out of the ground and a whole bunch of holes. Anyways, it took me a while to get used to the different gear ratios to use in the mountain bike, generally much lower, but then I over shot and started to do whealies on steeper slopes. In the end it was a tiering day, all that spinning of legs wasn’t something I was used to anymore.

I got back a bit before dinner time so I went down to the Lake and watched the sun set, kind of pretty with a snow capped volcanic cone in the distance on the other side.

In the evening talked to a new German who was taking exchange program in Aussi, and a Swiss guy who came to NZ to learn some English. He had probably the best job I’ve heard yet. He was an apprentice at the Lint Chocolate Factory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment