Saturday, July 10, 2010

Auckland was really only a stop over to get to the northern tip of the island, which is just the way I like it because I really don't like the Hostel and the city is really just a boring metropolis.

07/07/2010 Trip to Pahia.
Left the base around 0730hrs to catch the Magic bus and off we went.
Upon arrival around 1300 I looked into the option to do SCUBA, turns out that it would cost 240$, so I nixed that idea. Instead I signed up for a “swim with dolphins” tour. Over the rest of the afternoon I went to the grounds of the Treaty of Waitaingi. There I got a tour of the grounds by one of the descendants of four of the chiefs that signed the original document. His views on things were very interesting, seemed like it was all about patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment